Vulcan Fire Systems Incorporated is a leading provider of fire detection, protection, and suppression systems serving the Fire Protection industry for 25 years. Our staff maintains well over 100 years of combined expertise with central office locations in Louisville and Nashville that serve the Southeast and Midwest regions.
Vulcan offers a comprehensive line of commercial and industrial fire protection systems designed to preserve the integrity of valuable and critical equipment as well as the spaces they occupy. We design and install systems for a wide variety of applications such as data/server rooms, telecommunication switch centers, and healthcare operations, where basic means of fire protection can create as much damage as the fire itself.
We currently have an opening for a Systems Designer/Project Manager in our Louisville office to perform the following responsibilities. We are looking for an energetic professional who seeks to apply and develop their skills, and contribute to a growing organization in the Nashville and Southeastern regions.
- Design and develop plans/drawings for installation and commissioning of fire protection systems
- Learn and apply knowledge of NFPA and Building Codes
- Know how to read and understand architectural/MEP Drawings
- Create accurate parts lists for projects
- Attend Project Kick-Off Meetings to coordinate design, CAD, and pre-fabrication of jobs
- Meet with clients, consultants, etc. to review project design and implementation
- Assist with estimating of projects
- Travel to and from job sites to assist with installation, turn on, and testing of projects
- Working with Sales and Estimating team to prepare Bid Packages
- Recommend and implement system enhancements
- A degree from a 2 or 4 year college with emphasis on Architectural Drafting and Basic Electronics
- Must have a formal AutoCAD certification from a licensed AutoCAD training facility or school
- Must be able to layout low voltage electrical systems per NEC & fire alarm systems per NFPA
- Possess a high level of presentation, communication, critical thinking, and strategic planning skills
- Ability to work in a team environment to resolve issues and meet client goals
- Strong work ethic with emphasis on production, meeting project deadlines and estimated design hours
- Knowledge of fire suppression is a plus
- Knowledge of BIM 3D Modeling a plus
- NICET certification a plus
Qualified applicants should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org