Vulcan Fire Systems Incorporated is a leading provider of fire detection, protection, and suppression systems serving the Fire Protection industry for 25 years. Our staff maintains well over 100 years of combined expertise with central office locations in Louisville and Nashville that serve the Southeast and Midwest regions.
Vulcan offers a comprehensive line of commercial and industrial fire protection systems designed to preserve the integrity of valuable and critical equipment as well as the spaces they occupy. We design and install systems for a wide variety of applications such as data/server rooms, telecommunication switch centers, and healthcare operations, where basic means of fire protection can create as much damage as the fire itself.
We currently have an opening for a Fire Alarm/Suppression Technician in both our Louisville and Nashville offices to perform the following responsibilities. We are looking for an energetic professional who seeks to apply and develop their skills, and contribute to a growing organization in the Midwestern and Southeastern regions.
- Program, test, and start-up conventional and addressable fire alarm and protection systems.
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance on fire protection devices and systems.
- Assist in developing and evaluating project plans, including compliance with NFPA and local codes.
- Coordinate activities with contractors during testing and start-up of systems.
- Investigate and resolve system performance issues.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements.
- Provide directions and instructions to customers, contractors, industry partners, and AHJ’s on operation of fire protection systems.
- Maintains and applies working knowledge of latest fire protection equipment technology.
- Knowledge of alarm systems is required; fire suppression a plus.
- NICET certification a plus.
- Candidates must successfully pass Tennessee Bureau of Investigation background check and drug screen.
- Minimal over-night travel may be required.
Qualified applicants should submit resume to email@example.com